USAA is a Proud Sponsor of the USCG Day
CWO3 Kenneth Collins
Feb 16, 2023
Active duty members and reservists serving on active duty orders should join the CGG Discord to learn about opportunities and online qualifiers.
SUBJ: COAST GUARD GAMING PARTICIPATION IN 2023 ESPORTS COMPETITIONS
1. The Community Services Command (CSC) Morale, Well-being, and Recreation (MWR) partnered with the Coast Guard Recruiting Command (CG RC) to align the Coast Guard with the other Services’ esports programs to support readiness, retention, and resiliency. As a result, Coast Guard Gaming (CGG) was established to create an inclusive gaming community where all ages, ranks, and backgrounds can come together and share fun gaming experiences. It forms positive relationships, enhances the competitive spirit, and improves esprit de corps.
2. Coast Guard Gaming competed in various in-person military esports exhibitions in 2022. Notable events include:
a. Armed Forces Sports (AFS) Esports Championship. The first federally sanctioned esports activity to unite military sports and esports through the AFS endorsement. The Navy will host the next AFS Championship.
b. Call of Duty Endowment (CODE) Bowl III. Competition between the US and UK military services. The event achieved over 2 million stream views and more than 750k social media engagements, making it the most-viewed production since its outset.
c. RugbyTown Sevens Esports Cup. The City of Glendale, CO, hosts the AFS Rugby Championships and the Esports Cup. Last year's event featured Gold Star Gamers in a tribute to helping kids that have suffered the loss of a military parent. In addition to the military competition, Coast Guard members were able to connect with and coach this group of ambitious gamers.
3. The military gaming community brings together a diverse group of amateur gamers and viewers and has acquired leadership support. CG RC will fund the members chosen to represent Coast Guard Gaming in FY23 competitions, which include the AFS Championship, CODE Bowl IV, Esports Cup, and other unique opportunities.
4. Active duty members and reservists serving on active duty orders should join the CGG Discord to learn about opportunities and online qualifiers. CGG admin/moderators manage the channel and advise CG RC of team selections upon command endorsements. Interested gamers can access the CGG Discord through personal devices at the link below.
(Copy and paste URL below into browser)
5. Commands may submit questions or concerns to the CSC MWR program manager: CWO3 Kenneth Collins; email@example.com, or the USCG Esports Coordinator: PO2 Claudio Giugliano, Claudio.G.Giugliano@uscg.mil.
6. Released: CAPT R. E. Dash, Acting Commander, Personnel Service Center, sends.
7. Internet release authorized.