USAA is a Proud Sponsor of the USCG Day
CWO3 Kenneth Collins
Mar 22, 2022
The Coast Guard Rugby Team will participate in the 2022 Women's Armed Forces Sports (AFS) Rugby Sevens Championship in Wilmington, NC, from 17-27 June 2022.
SUBJ: INVITATION TO PARTICIPATE IN THE 2022 WOMENS ARMED FORCES RUGBY SEVENS CHAMPIONSHIP
A. CG Morale, Well-Being, and Recreation Manual, COMDTINST M1710.13D
1. The Coast Guard Rugby Team will participate in the 2022 Women's Armed Forces Sports (AFS) Rugby Sevens Championship in Wilmington, NC, from 17-27 June 2022.
2. Participation is open to all female active duty members and reservists on active duty orders. Members wishing to participate will attend training camp 17-23 June. After training camp, the coaching staff will select 12 athletes to represent the service.
3. The tournament will be held 24-26 June. All members interested in applying must email CGRugby@uscg.mil no later than 15 April to receive an application. Command endorsed applications are due to the Community Services Command (CSC) by 22 April. Team managers will reply to your email with additional information for submitting applications.
4. Experience in the sport is preferred but not required. Members with athletic experience at the elite levels of Collegiate or High School sports are encouraged to apply. The Coast Guard Rugby program
is seeking athletes that wish to compete at the highest levels of rugby.
5. The team will represent the Coast Guard in competition against the other military services with potential follow-on competition with national all-star teams and select sides. Participation in this event may lead to further selection to the All-Armed Forces Rugby Team.
6. Per reference (A), commands are encouraged to support participation in the Armed Forces Sports program. Participation on an Armed Forces team brings credit to our service members and the United States military.
7. CSC will fund members selected for a try-out to represent the Coast Guard in the Armed Forces Rugby Sevens Championship.
8. If you have questions or would like to request a team application, email CGRugby@uscg.mil. You may also contact the CG Rugby Team Manager: LT Alexandra Mostrom; Alexandra.C.Mostrom@uscg.mil.
9. Submit command concerns and command endorsed applications to the AFS Service Rep: CWO3 Kenneth Collins; Kenneth.S.Collins@uscg.mil.
10. Released: CAPT J. C. Vann, Acting Commander, Personnel Service Center. The Service Center for our most important resource - Our People.
11. Internet release authorized.