CWO3 Kenneth Collins
Oct 12, 2021
The online qualifier, contingent upon a positive command endorsement, will determine the top four players who receive an invitation to represent CG ESPORTS in competition against the other military services.
SUBJ: CG ESPORTS QUALIFIER FOR THE CALL OF DUTY ENDOWMENT (CODE) BOWL
1. On 10 December 2021, Activision Blizzard will co-produce the third annual CODE Bowl, presented by USAA, and benefitting the Call of Duty Endowment. Service members from the United States and the British Armed Forces will team up with elite Call of Duty streamers to compete in a tournament-style competition. Teams will go head-to-head in the latest version of Call of Duty, broadcast to millions of people live through an in-studio program that will track the action across the official Call of Duty channels on major streaming platforms.
2. The Community Services Command (CSC) Morale, Well-being, and Recreation (MWR) partnered with the Coast Guard Recruiting Command (CGRC) to host an online qualifier. The online qualifier, contingent upon a positive command endorsement, will determine the top four players who receive an invitation to represent CG ESPORTS in competition against the other military services. The event will be live at the USS Intrepid Museum in New York from 7-11 December 2021. CGRC will fund travel to the event for the members chosen. Participation in the in-person event will only be authorized for fully vaccinated personnel.
3. Commands are highly encouraged to support high-performing applicants in the online qualifier, which is open to active duty personnel and reservist serving on active duty orders through end-December 2021. If chosen to represent the Coast Guard, CSC MWR will contact commands to verify approvals and availability to travel before sending player invitations. Additionally, New York's Emergency Executive Order No. 225 requires patrons of the Intrepid Museum to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 before entering the
4. Members with a favorable command endorsement who would like to compete in the online qualifier should email CWO3 Kenneth Collins; email@example.com; with the subject line CG ESPORTS CODE BOWL to receive registration guidance. The subject line must be correct to generate automated email responses. The deadline to apply for the online qualifier is 5 November 2021.
5. In recent years, the other military services have brought esports into their MWR and recruiting programs to support readiness, retention, and resiliency within the service. The CODE Bowl will be our second event in this growing activity, following a runner-up finish in the Armed Forces RugbyTown Esports Cup held in Glendale, CO. We anticipate this MWR/CGRC initiative will experience significant growth in the coming years.
6. The CG ESPORTS program's mission is to create an inclusive gaming community where all ages, ranks, and backgrounds can come together and share fun gaming experiences. It helps form positive relationships, enhance competitive spirit, and improve esprit de corps.
7. Submit command concerns to the CSC MWR POC: CWO3 Kenneth Collins; firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Released by RDML S. N. Gilreath, Commander, CG Personnel Service Center. The Service Center for Our Most Important Resource - Our People.
9. Internet release authorized.