USAA is a Proud Sponsor of the USCG Day
CWO3 Kenneth Collins
Mar 1, 2021
The Coast Guard Rugby Team will participate in the 2021 Womens Armed Forces Sports (AFS) Rugby Sevens Championship in Wilmington, NC, from 18-28 June 2021.
SUBJ: INVITATION TO PARTICIPATE IN THE 2021 WOMENS ARMED FORCES
RUGBY SEVENS CHAMPIONSHIP
A. Coast Guard Morale, Well-Being, and Recreation Manual,
1. Contingent on the COVID-19 pandemic, the Coast Guard Rugby Team
will participate in the 2021 Womens Armed Forces Sports (AFS) Rugby
Sevens Championship in Wilmington, NC, from 18-28 June 2021.
In consultation with the other services, the Rugby tournament
remains on schedule for this year. Due to the planning required,
we are soliciting interest from CG athletes for potential
participation if the tournament does occur as scheduled.
2. Participation is open to all female active duty members and
reservists on active duty orders. Members wishing to participate
should plan to attend training camp on 18 June. The training camp
will conclude on 24 June, and 12 athletes will be selected to
represent the USCG.
3. The tournament commences 25-28 June. All members interested
in applying must email CGRugby@uscg.mil no later than 19 March
to receive an application. Command endorsed applications are due
to the Community Services Command (CSC) by 9 April. Team
managers will reply to your email with additional information
for submitting applications.
4. Experience in the sport is preferred but not required. Members
with athletic experience at the elite levels of Collegiate or High
School sports are encouraged to apply. The CG Rugby program is
seeking athletes that wish to compete at the highest levels of rugby.
5. The team will represent the Coast Guard in competition against
the other military services with potential follow-on competition with
national all-star teams and select sides. Participation in this event
may lead to further selection to the All-Armed Forces Rugby Team.
6. Per Reference (A), commands are encouraged to support
participation in the Armed Forces Sports program. Participation
on an Armed Forces team brings credit to our service members
and the United States military.
7. CSC will fund members selected for a try out to represent the
Coast Guard in the Armed Forces Rugby Sevens Championship.
8. If you have questions or would like to request a team application,
email CGRugby@uscg.mil. You may also contact the CG Rugby
Team Director: LCDR Keith Wilkins; Keith.R.Wilkins@uscg.mil.
9. Submit command concerns and command endorsed applications to the
AFS Service Rep: CWO2 Kenneth Collins; Kenneth.S.Collins@uscg.mil.
10. Released: RDML S. N. Gilreath, Commander, Personnel
Service Center. The Service Center for our most
important resource - Our People.
11. Internet release authorized.