CWO3 Kenneth Collins
Feb 4, 2022
The Men's Coast Guard Rugby Team will participate in the 2022 Inter-Service Rugby Tournament at McChord Air Force Base, WA, from 20-22 May 2022.
SUBJ: INVITATION TO PARTICIPATE IN THE 2022 MEN'S 15'S INTERSERVICE RUGBY TOURNAMENT
A. Morale, Well-Being, and Recreation Manual, COMDTINST M1710.13D
B. Military Assignments and Authorized Absences, COMDTINST M1000.8A
1. Contingent on the COVID-19 pandemic, the Men's Coast Guard Rugby Team will participate in the 2022 Inter-Service Rugby Tournament at McChord Air Force Base, WA, from 20-22 May 2022.
2. Participation is open to all male active-duty members and reservists. Training camp will commence no later than 16 May 2022 to select the 23-man roster to represent the USCG in competition against the other services.
3. The Rugby Team Director will provide any updates to the training camp dates. All members and athletes interested in applying must contact CGRugby@uscg.mil to receive the application information.
4. CG Rugby is seeking athletes that wish to compete at the highest levels of Rugby. Members with elite athletic experience at the Collegiate or High School levels of sports are encouraged to apply. Experience in the sport is preferred but not required.
5. Commands are encouraged to support participation in the Armed Forces Sports program. Participation on an Armed Forces team brings credit to our service members and the United States military.
6. In accordance with paragraph 2.A.10 of reference (b) and subject to command approval, administrative absence may be authorized for active duty and reserve participants in the interservice sporting event.
7. Submit applications and questions to CGRugby@uscg.mil. Route command concerns to the Rugby Team Director: LCDR Keith Wilkins; Keith.R.Wilkins@uscg.mil.
8. This competition is the first Rugby 15's event since 2011, where the USCG Rugby Team finished in 2nd place. All members interested in competing must send an email to CGRugby@uscg.mil no later than 15 April 2022.
9. Released: RDML S.N. Gilreath, Commander, Personnel Service Center. The Service Center for our most important resource - Our People.
10. Internet release authorized.