CWO3 Kenneth Collins
Nov 30, 2022
The LAI tournament provides a unique training opportunity to help our coaches evaluate players and form team cohesion ahead of the Armed Forces Sports Championships in August 2023. Although not mandatory, participation is highly encouraged.
SUBJ: INVITATION TO PARTICIPATE IN THE 2023 LOS ANGELES INVITATIONAL RUGBY SEVENS TOURNAMENT
A. CG Morale, Well-Being, and Recreation Manual, COMDTINST M1710.13D
B. Military Assignments and Authorized Absences, COMDTINST M1000.8A
1. The Men's and Women's Coast Guard Rugby Teams will compete in the 2023 Los Angeles Invitational (LAI) Rugby Tournament in Los Angeles, CA, from 22-26 February 2023.
2. Participation is open to all active-duty members and reservists. Training sessions will commence no later than 22 February 2023 to set the roster to represent the USCG.
3. Coast Guard Rugby is seeking athletes that wish to compete at the highest levels of Rugby. Members with elite athletic experience at the Collegiate or High School levels of sports are encouraged to apply. Experience in the sport is preferred but not required.
4. All athletes interested in applying must submit an application through https://forms.osi.apps.mil/r/YJrRwQSmLX or contact CGRugby@uscg.mil to receive the application information. Team managers will provide any updates to the training dates.
5. The LAI tournament provides a unique training opportunity to help our coaches evaluate players and form team cohesion ahead of the Armed Forces Sports Championships in August 2023. Although not mandatory, participation is highly encouraged.
6. Commands are encouraged to support participation in the Coast Guard Sports program as competing on an Armed Forces team brings credit to our service members and the United States military. Reference (b) allows commands to authorize an administrative absence for this activity.
7. All members interested in competing must fill out an application no later than 23 January 2023. Route command concerns or questions to CGRugby@uscg.mil.
8. RDML D.C. Barata, Commander, Personnel Service Center, sends.
9. Internet release authorized.